Thursday, April 2, 2015

Christmas Log Cabin Quilt

db1

Well the timing of yesterdays snowfall was at least good for taking pictures of Deanna’s Christmas quilt.   All the fresh snow made for a nice backdrop as the melting snow was starting to look pretty bad so I’m probably the only one here not complaining about it!  This is a cute quilt with Santa image panels and I love how she set them off with the log cabin blocks!  It took me some time to figure out how to quilt this one as I was really concerned about what thread color to use.  Deanna had no problem with me using a contrasting thread so after I decided on the Hollyberries panto I knew that it had to be green So Fine thread.

db2

The backing was a plain black so I used green Bottom Line in the bobbin and love how it looks!

db3db4db7

It’s –15’ with a –25’ windchill this morning.   So still waiting for spring to arrive here!

db6

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt! I like her setting for using the Santa panel blocks with the log cabin. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy and so great! I love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful , i love Christmas and this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great and the panto choice was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see a Christmas quilt in April! This is lovely and stylish, and you found just the right quilting pattern and thread for it.

    ReplyDelete