Wednesday, November 11, 2015

In From The Cold

ms3
This is Megan’s In From the Cold quilt and you can find this Kate Spain pattern free on the United Notions website here.    It is a very cute quilt made with steaming cups of your favourite hot beverage for winter.  Megan asked for light custom quilting so I let the name of the quilt and fabrics dictate the designs.  I quilted snowflakes in the sashing and swirls of steam rising from the mugs.  I stitched in the ditch around all the mugs and added some details in each mug.    I also added a simple meander in the outer border as I didn’t want the quilting to compete with the cute mitten fabric.

ms2
ms4
ms1
I used white So Fine thread on top and white Bottom Line on the back.  The batting is a Hobbs blend.

ms5
I was hoping to have snow by now but no luck.  Now that it’s getting cold I'm ready for winter and honestly looking forward to the white stuff!

ms6

10 comments:

  1. Sweet quilting...love those simple snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt, link to free pattern only shows the Quilt picture nothing else, disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange as the link works for me and shows the whole pattern once it is loaded. Try doing a google search for it.

      Delete
  3. Lovely little quilt Kathy, but bite your tongue about looking forward to the snow! (I'm dreading it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and the quilting designs are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cute and I like the designs that you used. As far as the white stuff is concerned, the longer we go without seeing any the happier I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everybody says quilting makes the quilt and the steam here makes this one, really cute - I just love it and so clever of you!

    ReplyDelete