Monday, May 3, 2010

What Inspires You?

What inspires your quilting designs?  That question came to mind when I was taking pictures of my quilt this morning.  This quilt is one I pieced about a month ago and quilted it this weekend.  I felt compelled to just quilt straight lines on this one giving it a modern feel.  And as I was trying to find the right location to take pictures the only place that felt right was on the dock.  
Then I took this next picture and that is when I thought....could have this been my inspiration for this quilt?   Hummm...we have been working hard to get the new dock built!  One never knows where inspirations might come from.
Anyway I am really happy with how it turned out no matter what possessed me to just quilt straight lines.

Oh, I just received a shipment of new batting on Friday.   Two rolls of Quilters Dream Blend and one roll of Deluxe Cotton which I have not ordered before.  It is a 6oz batting ( Select Cotton that I have in the packages is only 4oz) and should have a nice loft when quilted. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kathy,

    First of all, love the quilt and the quilting is perfect! Secondly, I love Deluxe cotton! I don't find that it pulls apart like the select does. It is also great for a quilt with some waviness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear your happy with Deluxe cotton, I think my customers will like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Quilt Kathy...I love Monochromatics!!

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland
    http://borderlinequilter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your work; Im a new longarmer with a Millie too; I admire your feathers and your quilts; you are awesome. Merrie in MI

    ReplyDelete