Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tumbler Quilt


The last time I showed this fabric was when I received my Accuquilt Go cutter at xmas and this was the first die I used, the Tumbler block.  I pieced the top awhile ago but have been waiting for the backing fabric that I ordered.   Finally received it in the mail yesterday so quilted it this morning...I'm just slightly OCD.


Using the Go cutter made sewing these blocks together so simple as the edges lined up beautifully with the corners precut.



The asian fabrics all had gold metallic in the prints so I used Superior Threads Highlights thread which has a nice sparkly shine to it.    I also used the pantograph called Clematis by Willow Leaf Studios which matched the flowers in the fabrics.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, Kathy. Glad to see you getting some of your projects completed. I am looking forward to actually seeing the Highlights thread effect. It looks cool in the pictures. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you showed this quilt! I have this pattern and have yet to use it. Now I know what it looks like and I love it! Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy I love it! I have to order the tumbler die! I bought the Go last year as my end of tax season gift, I made one top with the apple core,but of course it needs to be quilted.I think the panto fits perfectly with the quilt, where do you find the time to do your quilting, dying and everything else? Do you sleep?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love our quilt Kathy! I love the Asian theme and these colours. Works all year round too. Thank you so much for this Christmas quilt. Love from Sarah & Todd XXX

    ReplyDelete